During lockdown, technology helped many businesses be able to continue to function. Now, it’s time to put it to better use. The right software can improve your basic processes, maximise your time and increase your profitability on jobs.
Here are 4 reasons why construction project management software is now even more vital for your business:
1) Work smarter and faster
Even little changes to the way you work can have a big impact on your workload. For instance:
- Manage your team by planning your jobs over the next few days to a few months in advance
- Cut down on the amount of admin paperwork you have to manage by using a timesheet app
- Easily share info with your support team (such as your bookkeeper), who may not be onsite with you
- Online meetings using Zoom or Facetime could also be a winner – saving you time, money and helping you to be more efficient.
2) Improve your communication
For many people, face-to-face meetings are impractical, for instance, if your client is not based in the same location as you. Having an online client and subcontractor portal could be incredibly valuable.
It lets your customers track what’s happening with their project and collaborate with you in real-time, even if they’re not there.
They can log-on to communicate with you, sign variations, review project schedules, and more. This visibility is vital to building trust and having a transparent relationship with clients.
3) Be better than the competition
If the market starts to tighten as expected, you’ll need to outperform against your competitors. Technology can help you to do this by:
- Providing fast, accurate and professional quotes and estimates to your potential customers
- Helping your customers to manage their costs by tracking their project budget
4) Keep your team safe
At a time when worker safety is even more of a priority, it’s crucial to have systems in place at every stage of your build. Mobile tools can help your site teams work safely with little disruption.
Health & Safety apps can help you to:
- Monitor job site cleanliness, security and safety
- Capture and report any illness or injury as soon as it happens
- Instantly report your response to incidents and detail the actions taken and easily communicate these to your team
- Empower your team by providing 24/7 access to all necessary project safety documents and procedures
As we return to our ‘new normal’ and head back on site, job management software is the tool you need to keep your projects going and growing. Cloud-based software can help you to focus on running your projects, delighting your customers, ensuring everyone is on the same page and help to grow your business for the future.